
Finger Eleven - pretty cool, huh?
I folded laundry and Swiffered the floor with the windows opened while listening to Paralyzer!
In other exciting news yesterday, Andy and I took George to the outlets at Birch Run for some back to school shopping. I generally find outlet shopping less than thrilling, however I did manage to find him some really nice things at Guess and Nautica. We plan to go back in a few weeks to do some clothes shopping for ourselves.
It's so nice that we are handy to Michigan and the Metro Detroit area. Not only can we get in on the great sales over there (which are SO much better than sales here in Canada) but we have access to so many shops and products that not all Canadians have easy access to.
My excitement for the day was best reserved for our stops on the way home from the outlets however. First, a quick bite to eat at Panera Bread where I had half a Turkey Artichoke Panini and a bowl of French Onion Soup. Then, a pop in to Whole Foods where I had my biggest thrill of the entire day. This store is one of the only places locally, that I know of, where I can score perhaps one of the most devine products to come out of Greece (besides Frappe, of course)
Andy has made a special request for one of his "while in Greece" favorites - pan fried zuchinni with yiaourti warmed in the pan and drizzled over top. It's so simple it's silly, but so delicious - only if FAGE is used.
Now, if we could only convince the Greeks to start shipping NouNou across the pond, we'd be all set.
Happy Sunday everyone. Andy has taken the kids to church this morning and I'm going to finish putting laundry away and try to squeeze a run in. I'd like to do the Terry Fox run on September 13th so I need to get my legs in gear. This afternoon, we are off to a Name Day for a friend. Xronia Polla Aleko!
I'm finally taking a stolen moment to check out your blog. Love it!
ReplyDeleteI was in Milwaukee in March and saw the Fage at my neighborhood Whole Foods...but resisted because I was going to be back here shortly. I bought something that I needed much more...blueberries! A whole pint of them for myself! Love Whole Foods & Panera!! I hope to catch up w/ the rest of your entries soon.
Btw...don't they have Nou Nou in Greek shops there? The do in Milwaukee. We used Carnation more often though, because is was much less expensive and comparable.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so happy you popped by. I only started blogging over a month ago and I'm not so great at keeping regular. I promise to get better at it! I find it very cathartic to talk, even if it is to myself!
ReplyDeleteI haven't found Nou Nou around here but then again, we don't have any Greek specialty shops right in my city. I'll bet there are some Greek shops in the Detroit area that have it, but it's a big city and I'm not familiar with all of the areas. Note to self...find Greek supermarket in a safe Detroit neighbourhood. ;)